April showers bring… mud. Or at least that’s how we like the saying to go!
April is notorious for being one of the rainiest months of the year, which leaves us wishing for the arrival of summer and sunshine after weeks of overcast skies. But for those of us that enjoy playing around in the outdoors, we’ve got a special place in our hearts for the wet weather April brings.
Driving through wet, muddy conditions is not for the faint of heart. Getting stuck in the mud is all too easy, while getting out is near impossible. If you’ve ever found yourself in the midst of a muddy mess, you know the feeling all too well. At that point, you might as well consider yourself “one with the earth.”
It is, after all, Earth Month.
However, if you’d rather appreciate Mother Earth 101 other ways, it’s best to equip yourself with some quality all terrain tires to prevent any sticky predicaments in the weeks to come.
This month, we’ve handpicked 5 all-terrain tires to feature based on quality and performance with down-right cheap all terrain tire pricing! Check them out below and then get out on the road, or off the road:
Our Top 5 Cheap, In Price Only, All-terrain tires:
1. Achilles Desert Hawk A/T tireMost of us don’t need off-roading capabilities daily, however it’s nice to have the option when you come across a new trail (or desert) that you just can’t resist exploring. The Achilles Desert Hawk A/T tire delivers the best of both worlds: quiet and comfort to frequent highway drivers and exceptional handling for off-road enthusiasts. All-season grip, a long tread life make this tire ideal for extensive periods of both kinds of driving. The Desert Hawk features a tread pattern with staggered blocks and deep grooves ideal for SUV, Jeep, and light truck drivers that want to take advantage of off-roading capability as well. For as low as $75 a tire, it’s hard to beat the Desert Hawk A/T when it comes to quality and cost. One of our most popular selling tires!
Learn more about the features of the Achilles Desert Hawk A/T from Tire-easy tire expert, Kevin Byrd.
Since ’91, the Achilles Tyres brand has been manufacturing dependable, low cost tires featuring everything from high performance to aggressive off-road traction tires. Achilles remains popular because of its superior quality and low cost.
2. Federal Couragia A/T tireThis tire will truly give you the courage to brave new terrains. The Federal Couragia A/T tire delivers extraordinary features that make it ideal for long mileage as well as balanced off-roading. Despite its ruggedness, this tire provides a surprisingly quiet and comfortable driving experience due to Federal’s latest silica tread compound and technology. High speeds and wet conditions are no match for the Couragia A/T as it performs expertly while efficiently expelling water. Here are some of its key, safety-enhancing features:
- Wide-angled lateral grooves, which enhance on- and off-road traction
- Widened multi-angled zig-zag sipes for better water dispersion
- Newly designed zig-zag intersecting sipes for better performance on mud & snow-covered roads
- Angled pattern prevents mud, snow, and dirt from packing in the tread
Federal Tires provides a comprehensive portfolio of discount priced High Performance and UHP, Passenger Car, Light Truck, SUV/CUV, and Commercial Tires. Their presence in the motorsport competition scene has allowed them to extensively test and improve their product since their humble beginnings in 1954.
3. Ohtsu A/T 4000Our best-selling tire in the Ohtsu brand, the A/T 4000, is designed with off-roading in mind. With large, heavily-siped tread blocks, biting edges for wet grip, and tough sidewall rubber, this tire is fully armored for a safe and exciting ride. The tire also features an aggressive tread block of four grooves that provides grip in extreme winter weather conditions. The dynamic random pitch variation features wave grooves that help reduce noise. Ringing up as low as $75 per tire, the Ohtsu A/T 4000 is a great choice to consider if you’re in the market. This is a well-rounded, all-terrain tire offering excellent traction both on and off road for SUV and light truck drivers.
A lesser known, but equal in quality brand distributed by Falken tires, is the Ohtsu Tires brand. For over 30 years, Ohtsu has been producing quality products at a low price featuring all-season, high performance, and all-terrain capabilities.
4. Sailun Terramax A/T 4sSailun introduces the new and improved Sailun Terramax A/T. The Sailun Terramax A/T 4s version introduces a new cold weather compound that improves on winter traction. The 4s version now exceeds RMA traction requirements and has been assigned the Mountain Snowflake Severe Snowflake designation – a first for a light truck tire in a price segment this low. An open shoulder tread pattern and angled tread sipes expel water to improve stability in varying road conditions. The Terramax A/T 4S offers performance both on and off road, and a 50 thousand mile warranty. Overall, the Terramax A/T 4s provides a comfortable ride, long-lasting treadwear, and great handling at a price that cannot be beat!
Based on the core values of Quality, Trust, and Support, Sailun Tires sells over 30 million tires annually. Their extensive portfolio of tires exceeds U.S. and Canadian standards with excellent quality and affordable pricing.
5. Milestar Patagonia A/T tireHere’s yet another budget friendly all-terrain tire you can count on in all conditions. Characterized by reliable all-season traction with an emphasis on winter traction, the Milestar Patagonia A/T is ideal for your next ‘off-the-grid’ adventure. Its ribbed tie bars vent heat and add stability while integrated tread blocks give you more contact with the road. The Patagonia A/T is Q, S and T-speed rated which makes it ideal on and off road. With its 50 thousand mile warranty, this is another good choice for your all terrain tire needs.
Milestar Tires places their focus on outstanding quality and high performance within their Passenger Car, High Performance, Ultra-High Performance, Light Truck, and Commercial Medium Radial Truck tire lines.
With the tires you need for every and ALL terrain, nothing is stopping you from hitting the road or trail and enjoying your adventures, no matter what lies ahead.
To find the right All-Terrain tires for your needs, use tires-easy convenient search to filter by tire size, or your vehicle model. If you have questions, or need help finding a tire, contact us! Our expert, knowledgeable staff is happy to help you with all your tire needs!