While Yokohama's name may be distinctly Japanese, the brand is a worldwide tire authority on everything from high end vehicle tuning and motorsports, to tires for the everyday commuter. Yokohama has been producing tires since 1917, and today the brand is available all around the world.
Yokohama tires are the product of relentless innovation, and cutting edge technology. Here are some examples of those technological advancements you can find in Yokohama tires:
● Optimized tread profiles to promote superior tread-life and lower rolling resistance for better fuel economy
● Variable pitch tread pattern designs for a quieter ride
● Specially formulated tread rubber to promote even wear and higher durability
Yokohama has also made a name for itself in off-road motorsports, and a lot of what they learned racing, has gone into the tires for your daily driver or off-roader. You won't go wrong with Yokohama A/T or M/T tires for your truck or Jeep. They are all built to provide the traction and strength needed when you venture off the beaten path.
Yokohama also has a complete range of car and minivan tires in all-season, summer, and dedicated winter snow tires. Here are the main product lines that Yokohama offers for cars:
● Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S tire is an all-season high performance tire for sports coupes and sedans. They are engineered for long-wear life and safety as well as high performance handling.
● Yokohama AVID Touring-S tire is the best seller in Yokohama’s performance tire line-up. There are AVID summer tires for ultimate grip on wet and dry pavement, and AVID all-season sport tires. The all-season tires typically have a few more grooves and siping (biting edges) for grip on snow and ice covered roads. The high performance summer tires have more rubber in contact with the road, and allow drivers to push the limits of their vehicles in terms of handling and performance driving.
● Yokohama IceGuard IG52C tire is Yokohama’s premier winter tire. There are several models of IceGuard, but the IceGuard IG52C is the newest model. All IceGuard tires have tread rubber optimized for cold temperatures, as well as tread patterns for the grip needed in slush, ice and snow.
So, whether you are a performance enthusiast or are simply looking for something trustworthy for your everyday commute, Yokohama has a tire for you. And best of all, you’ll be able to find the best Yokohama tire prices right here on Tires-Easy!