Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is an all-season, all-terrain tire. It provides exceptional grip on different road conditions and varying weather conditions. The tire is also designed to offer exceptional on road comfort and off-road durability.
Best-suited for: SUVs, CUVs, Trucks, and Pick-ups.
- Patented snow groove technology grabs snow in tread and offers improved snow-on-snow traction, and enhanced stopping abilities.
- Aqua VAC channels remove water & slush quickly to improve resistance to hydroplaning.
- 5-rib, all-terrain pattern provides off-road driving capability along with enhanced wet and dry traction.
- Micro gauged sipes improve stability and control & prevent stone drilling.
- Zigzag sipes create more biting edges and provide superior wet/dry traction.
- Adaptive traction technology provides exceptional grip on different road conditions.
- Severe weather rated.
- Mountain/ Snowflake (3PMSF) rated tire.
Describes the sidewall appearance. Examples: BSW= Black Side Wall, WSW = White Side Wall OWL = Outlined White Letters.
The load index (LI) is a 2 or 3 digit number that corrolates to the maximum amount of weight the tire can carry. For example, a tire with a load index of 87 indicates that the tire can carry a maximim load of 1,201 lbs. In the case of our example the 87 identifies the tires ability to carry a maximum of 1,201 lbs. So 4 tires will carry a maximum of 4,804 lbs. Refer to your vehicle owner's manual for the recommended minimim Load Index. It is not recommended to install tires with a lower Load Index. By doing so, this could cause your tires to be overloaded thus potentially causing a blowout.
Speed Ratings (SR) are based on laboratory tests and indicates the maximum speed the tire can achieve. These tests are based on limited time trials. Higher speed rating tires typically will yield better handling capabilities, but may often result in lower mileage. Refer to your vehicle owner's manual for the recommended minimum Speed Rating. It is not recommended to install a tire with a lower speed rating as it could affect the handling of your vehicle. It is important to note that speed ratings only apply to tires that have not been damaged, altered, under-inflated or overloaded. Additionally, most tire manufacturers maintain that a tire that has been cut or punctured no longer retains the tire manufacturer's original speed rating, even after being repaired because the tire manufacturer can't control the quality of the repair.
|Load Range/Ply Rating||Not Available||
Ply Rating is related to the max load capacity. This value can be defined with a letter or number. The higher the number/letter, the higher the load capacity.
To help consumers evaluate their tires, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) created the Uniform Tire Quality Grading System (UTQG). The UTQG rates tires are rated on their tread-wear, traction performance, and temperature resistance. The grade for each of these can be found on the sidewall of your tire (except for winter tires and certain light truck tires). Click here for more information.
|Max Single Load(lbs)||2205||The maximum load this tire will support. Remember to multiply this number by the number of tires installed on your vehicle to get the maximum carrying capacity. This number is directly related to the Load Index.|
|Max Single Air Pressure(PSI)||44||The maximum air pressure this tire will support. This does not represent the amount of air pressure your tires should have at all times. Consult with your owner's manual to determine the best air pressure you should use for your vehicle.|
|Tread Depth||14.0||The amount of tread on the tire. Once the tire is worn to 2/32nds, it is considered fully used and should be replaced at that time. Most tires will have tire indicators in the grooves of the tire to help you determine when the tires are worn down to 2/32nds.|
Nondirectional - most common, same tread pattern on inside & outside of the tire. Can be rotated to all four corners of vehicle. Asymmetrical - tread pattern is different on the inside to the outside of the tire, and must be mounted properly. Can be rotated to all four corners of the vehicle. Directional tires - roll in only one direction, must be mounted properly. Once mounted they must remain on the same side of the vehicle, and only be rotated front to rear.
|Rim Width Range||6.5-8.5||The approved wheel rim width range this tire will support.|
|Measured Rim Width||7.5||The recommended wheel width as recommended by the tire manufacturer to get the best wear us performance for this tire.|
|Section Width||10.3||The measurement from sidewall to sidewall.|
|Tread Width||Not Available||The measurement from one side of the tread to the other side of the tread.|
|Overall Diameter||29.1||The height of the tire when fully inflated.|
|Manufacturer Part Number||171260010||Manufacturer part number (sku)|
Shipping rates and estimated delivery times are available on tires after setting your delivery zip code. Tires ship via FedEx Ground and the shipment times are a very good estimate, although not an exact number of time-in-transit days. Tires are delivered Monday - Saturday. FedEx does not pick up orders on weekends or certain holidays. Once the tires are picked up, the time-in -transit estimate begins. If you place your order Friday afternoon, or on the weekend, your tires it will not ship until the following week. Currently we only offer FedEx Ground, expedited shipping is not available. Depending on when you place your order, there may be one, possibly two days of processing time. Shipping delivery times can be impacted by weather events across the country.
You can choose between 3 delivery options:
- 1. Your tires can be delivered directly to your billing address.
- 2. Your tires can be delivered to an alternate address. In this case, please specify the delivery address and the person authorized to receive the tires on your behalf.
- 3. The tires can be delivered directly to a Tire Installer of your choice. Please enter the address of the Tire Installer in the "Ship To" address and be sure to coordinate acceptance of your shipment from Tires-easy.com.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the transaction when you place your order. Please save a printed copy of your order confirmation for your records.
We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Katapult and Affirm for Tire Financing.
See General Terms and Conditions for additional Return/Refund details
Cooper Tires Summer 2023 Rebate
Purchase a set of four (4) qualifying Cooper Tires and receive up to a $75 Visa Reward by mail-in or online rebate. This offer is valid for purchases made between June 1 to July 31, 2023. This is not an instant rebate. Postmark or submit your claim form online at www.CooperTiresPromos.com or by mail-in form no later than August 31, 2023.
|$75 Rebate||$50 Rebate|
|Discoverer AT3 4S||CS5 Grand Touring|
|Discoverer AT3 LT||CS5 Ultra Touring|
|Discoverer AT3 XLT||Endeavor|
|Discoverer Rugged Trek||Endeavor Plus|
How to redeem your rebate:
Go to www.CooperTiresPromos.com to enter your claim online by 08/31/2023. Late submissions will not be accepted. Online submissions are processed faster.
- No mail-in form required.
- Processing updates are available online and via email.
- Must have a valid email address to submit online.
Only complete the mail-in form below if you are not submitting online. Rebate form must include a valid email address and current, residential street address of the purchaser only.
Instructions for mailing your claim:
- Complete the mail-in form. This is not transferable, so the name on the mail-in form must match the name on the sales receipt. Work orders will not be accepted unless accompanied by a final invoice or receipt.
- Include the original dated sales receipt showing purchase of qualifying Cooper tires and purchase price. Circle the tires purchased on the receipt, which must be one (1) set of four (4) of the Cooper tires listed above. Substitutions are not eligible.
- Mail this for to the following address: COOPER TIRES SUMMER 2023 TIRE REBATE PO BOX 130020 El Paso, TX 88513.
To submit your rebate, please click here.
Specs and Sizes
|Size||Load Index/ Speed index||UTQG||Load Range/Ply Rating||Overall Diameter||Section Width||Rim Width Min||Rim Width Max||Rim Width Meas||Tread Depth (in)||Max Single Air Pressure (PSI)||Max Single Load (lbs)||Max Dual Air Pressure (PSI)||Max Dual Load (lbs)||MFG #|