Sumitomo Tire is the premium export brand of Japanese company, Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. They are one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world, and their products have a reputation for cutting edge tire technology, and efficient manufacturing. This means quality at mid-tier pricing, which translates to excellent all-round value for you.
Sumitomo specializes in reliable passenger car tires, light truck tires, SUV and Crossover Tires, RV tires, as well as large Commercial Truck tires. So whether you need tires for the family sedan, a sports car, or a pickup truck on the job site, Sumitomo has a premium tire you can trust to last, and keep you and your family safe.
The HTR family of products are high performance tires that deliver sporty and responsive handling thanks to carbon based tread rubbers and innovative directional or asymmetric tread patterns that efficiently channel away water. There are summer UHP styles, all-season performance, and all-season touring tires, like the Touring LS, which are more oriented to comfort and long tread-life.
For highway driving, the HTR products all have the most common sizes for SUVs or pickups, so there are different options to pick from to fit your driving and performance preferences. There is also the new Encounter HT, a dedicated highway all-season tire designed just for SUVs and Crossovers.
No matter what type of personal vehicle you drive, the HTR Sport, Encounter and Enhance tire styles come with one or more of the following:
● Twin reversible sidewall designs with smooth sidewalls that are more easily maintained to appear clean and new looking, longer.
● Near best in class grip and reduced irregular wear thanks to Sumitomo’s patented 2-in-1 shoulder block features
● Increased wet grip and traction due to special tread rubber and polymers.
Sumitomo’s commitment to quality is apparent in their over-the-road tires for line-haul rigs, regional P&D service, dump trucks, or waste management. The tires are also popular for Motorhomes as most styles have the 19 and 22-inch low profile sizes most common in the RV world. Here are a few of the best selling radial tires that owner operators, fleet managers and RV owners have grown to trust:
● ST 788 SE is a long haul steer tire which has the classic de-coupling groove on the shoulder to prevent irregular wear. The tire is also SmartWay verified, an industry standard for low rolling resistance and improved fuel efficiency.
● ST 938 SE is the SmartWay long haul drive tire. A long wearing traction tire that is hard to beat on a cost/mile basis.
● ST 710 SE is also SmartWay verified. It has reinforced sidewalls for high scrub turning, and shallow tread depths and durable rubber for long, even wear.
Sumitomo are reliable tires at affordable prices. Enter your size in the tire selector on the left to see the Sumitomo Tire that is right for your driving style, and your budget. We are sure you will be very satisfied with what you find here at Tires-Easy.